Saturday, January 21, 2012

networking my way to the top

Well, DB followed through on his promise to introduce me to some people. Nothing has happened yet, though. I watched as he called up his friend and told him about me and my other co-worker.

Nothing much else has happened in the office lately I'm sad to report. I've been blogging, tweeting, and writing up some market research reports as usual. Luckily I haven't had to make a stupid deck in a while.



One of the decks I spent a lot of time on (I mean like over 40 hours) actually proved useless. I literally spent a bunch of time perfecting this presentation and then writing up a nice e-mail to accompany it. The guy to whom I sent this presentation replied with a succinct "Hi. Not interested. Sorry."

That's real cool.

Luckily I don't have anything to lose, so it's not that big a deal.

I'm just not sure corporate America is for me anymore. People are really fake and they lie to your face. It's just so wrong. Wouldn't it be really nice to have a company comprised of transparency and real, honest people? I think that would be really great. That and a four-day work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment