Tuesday, October 25, 2011

ungainfully employed

I've been thinking about renaming my blog to "ungainfully employed" because that's what I am right now, ungainfully employed.

Yesterday I went into the office early because I was sort of slacking off on Friday. I went to this conference and then bailed early. So right yesterday I went into the office early. Mind you, I'm not getting paid. I stayed the entire day and took my regular lunch break, which can be up to an hour. I used that lunch break to do an interview with another consulting company.

There I was, on the streets of New York City, trying to do an interview with a company that only alerted me about the opportunity on Thursday. They wanted me to interview on Friday, but I didn't have time that day. So the first few minutes were spent talking about my background and why I wanted to do consulting. The next forty minutes were spent doing a case interview. Yes, they made me do a case study over the phone. It sucked, majorly, because when you have no materials in front of you and a million distractions, there's no way it's going to end well.



So I still haven't heard anything back, and it's terrible.

Plus yesterday, my bosses made me stay late! Can you believe it? I'm part of a labor exploitation ring. This one manager just waltzes into the analyst workspace and hands us some more projects at the very end of the day and expects us to get them done before we go home! Unbelievable.

I was so unhappy yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment