Sunday, November 27, 2011

gluttony and obesity

After gorging myself for the past few days, I've decided to reflect upon the obesity epidemic -- mostly because I want to gross myself out enough that I stop eating so much and resume working out on a regular schedule.

The week began innocently enough. I stayed with my aunt, like I said before, but she likes to feed me a lot, so we ended up going out a lot and eating froyo. I'm not opposed, but it's not like I was exercising besides my daily walk to and from work.

Then I came home and found...


THESE.


My mom makes mini pumpkin muffins every year, sometimes even twice a year. They're delicious and incredibly poppable. You just toss one in your mouth, and you are on one fast train to happiness. 


Here is a close-up of these muffins. They're so delicious. I've already eaten about five of them this morning.

Right, and then the whole "Thanksgiving" thing happened and I ate even more. Aside from the traditional fixings, my mom insisted on baking an apple pie and chocolate mousse. This is actually a lot less than in previous years, comparatively speaking.





This is chocolate mousse in cups topped with a raspberry.
This is an apple pie, for which I made the crumb topping. 




Needless to say, I ate a lot of food on Thanksgiving, which probably isn't surprising. But to top it all off, the next day I had arranged for my friends from high school to all meet up at The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate one of our birthdays. Last week, when I was arranging this ordeal, it seemed like a great idea. I really wanted cheesecake right then...but now, going to The Cheesecake Factory seemed like an awful idea, especially since this day was sandwiched between two days of eating. My relatives were coming over the next day for yet another Thanksgiving feast.

I shared some chicken with my friend. The portions were enormous, but I guess what did we really expect anyway? 

But of course I had to have my own cheesecake. This is oreo. 
Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the meal we had last night, but my mom made enough food to feed 40. Only 24 people were present, mind you. We have many leftovers that I will probably be forced to consume over the next week. However, I did take this photo, just to give you a sample of how epic this meal is.


These are stuffed mushrooms. They are bigger than the palm of my hand. I am not even kidding. They are monstrous. Perhaps I should have photographed them next to something of an average size, but oh well. Bigger than my hand! 

I am now very very full and thinking about how much of a fatty I am. Starting tomorrow, it's time to fast. And work out. A lot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment